PIKES PEAK COHORT GROUP
- Three Pikes Peak Cohort members have siblings in Mile High 360.
- Biking is everyone’s favorite activity with Mile High 360.
- It turns out that there are a couple of very good cooks in the cohort.
- Three cohort members are traveling to overnight camps this summer.
THIS YEAR, THE PIKES PEAK COHORT MEMBERS WILL DO THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES AND MORE…
Keeping the family tradition alive, Carlo, along with his two sisters, is taking advantage of all that Mile High 360 has to offer. He volunteers for every trip and pushes his comfort level by trying new activities. In 2021, he traveled to the east coast for a 10-day bike ride through Acadia National Park. His attendance is near perfect and he is such a hard worker. His favorite class is math and he won’t tell us which sister is his favorite.
TORREYS PEAK COHORT GROUP
The Torreys Peak cohort consists of Mile High 360 students who have reached the college stage.
This past summer, Torreys Peak members focused on securing scholarships to pay for their post-secondary degrees, as well as post-secondary preparation: filling out all of the paperwork; identifying all of the school resources and talking about how to access them; selecting classes; submitting the necessary medical forms; making travel arrangements; and preparing for living away from home.
Each Torreys Peak member beginning their post-secondary journey is a first-generation college student.
- The Torreys Peak cohort started MH360’s community garden.
- One student kissed a wolf last summer.
- All of the cohort members love to travel.
- Over $200,000 in funding has been secured by the Torreys Peak Cohort members to fund their postsecondary educations.
THIS YEAR, THE TORREYS PEAK MEMBERS WILL DO THE FOLLOWING AND MORE…
Aria joined Mile High 360 as a 7th grader and is passionate about theater, the arts, and writing. Before heading off to Cornell College, Aria attended a week-long Colorado Outward Bound session and Mile High 360’s summer melt session, hosted in Dillon, CO. Thinking back on her last six years with Mile High 360, Aria’s favorite memory is of a 4-day service learning trip to the Colorado Wolf and Wildlife Sanctuary, where she and her peers worked with the sanctuary team to take care of the wildlife.